Monday, April 25, 2011

God was in it! Prayer Journal from Regina Rescue Mission Days.

Dec 16/99

Dear Lord God,

I thank you for answering prayer in a great way yesterday.  We asked that we would be able to use the large building on Scarth St. for our mission, and the owner of it agreed to just that.  Our only payment is to be the rent we collect from the men.  You led us to this building through LLoyd Rogers, Mike Breckneridge, and final Robert G.... the owner.  Now we have a dining hall, lounge, suite, rooms, kitchen and all the space we need to start a mission.  We Praise You our God!

Father, I want to sanctify you in my heart as God, and pray that your presence will sanctify me, as it did the temple when your glory descended into it.    I thank you that I am sanctified by the blood of Jesus Christ, who cleansed me from all my sin and iniquity. I now determine to sanctify myself unto You and your service, a clean vessel dedicated to your will.  And yet it must be you that does the sanctifying, as my will is not sufficient against temptation, yet your holy presence is.  I must call on you and remember you at all times in order that I may remain sanctified.  And when I fail, immediately i must sanctify myself by the blood of Christ unto the Lord again.

Now, Lord God, we specially need your help in establishing the mission in that building.  Help us to earn the respect and friendship of the men who live there.  help us to take control of the building and begin ministering in the power of the Holy Spirit.  The official management date is Jan 1/2000 but we will go to familiarize ourselves and befriend the men in small ways.  I pray for a smooth transition, making a den of iniquity into a house of salvation.  In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment